PAGE

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lesson2: Introducing Yourself

Here is the most important beginning of your conversation as if you are going to have more friends, Introducing Yourself. Basically, you don't need to have many sentences to introduce yourself, "your name" and "where you are from" are enough. BUT, I will provide more sentences for you to use.
Let's start with

My name is ___
1. 我的名子是 ___ (wo de mingzi shi ___ | ㄨㄛˇ ㄉㄜ ㄇㄧㄥˊ ㄗˇ ㄕˋ ___)

2. 我叫 ___ (wo jiao ___ | ㄨㄛˇ ㄐㄧㄠˋ ___)

* You may think which one to use and when. The first one is more formal than the second one. Since Chinese-spoken countries are considered Asia, so the hierarchy rule works!

I come from ___(region, country, city)
1. 我來自___ (wo laizi ___ | ㄨㄛˇ ㄌㄞˊ ㄗˋ ___)

2. 我從 ___ 來 (wo cong ___ lai | ㄨㄛˇ ㄘㄨㄥˊ ___ ㄌㄞˊ)

*The first one is used to state your origin, like country or city you come from. While the second can be used as a replacement to the first BUT it also can be used in a different situation apart from Introducing Yourself-situation, for example:

I come from the dormitory.
我從宿舍來. (wo cong sushe lai | ㄨㄛˇ ㄘㄨㄥˊ ㄙㄨˋ ㄕㄜˋ ㄌㄞˊ)


Then, as I have written above that I will provide more sentences for you to use. Let's start with saying how old you are. (Asking about age in Asian countries is a common question. This is because the hierarchy rule works!)

I am ___ years old.
我 ___ 歲. (wo ___ sui | ㄨㄛˇ ___ ㄙㄨㄟˋ)

I live/ stay in ___
我住在 ___ (wo zhu zai ___ | ㄨㄛˇ ㄓㄨˋ ㄗㄞˋ ___)

I have been here for ___ year(s).
我在這裡 ___ 年了. (wo zai zheli ___ nian le. | ㄨㄛˇㄗㄞˋ ㄓㄜˋ ㄌㄧˇ ___ ㄋㄧㄢˊ ㄌㄜ)

*First of all, 年 (nian | ㄋㄧㄢˊ) = year(s). You can replace it or add it with 月 (yue | ㄩㄝˋ) = month(s) or 天 (tian | ㄊㄧㄢ) = day(s). Note that singular and plural for the word doesn't make any difference on the chinese word.

I like ___
我喜歡 ___ (wo xihuan ___ | ㄨㄛˇ ㄒㄧˇ ㄏㄨㄢ ___)


No comments:

Post a Comment