PAGE

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lesson25: "Don't eat all of your food"

A few days ago, one of my foreigner friends told me about his experience of eating with a Chinese family. He said that the host of that eating session kept on asking him to add more every time he finished eating. Thus, he shared with me about the meaning of the culture of "Don't eat all of your food" that he has ever read before. According to that, it means you are still hungry. In my opinion, I don't see any relation between them. If you have eaten everything on your plate, it doesn't mean that you are still hungry. I have ever read the same thing too! As for me, I always eat'em all. lol. The fact that the host will keep on asking you to add more and more is true, especially the old people. It is just like a custom. So you, young people, when you are eating with a Chinese family, REMEMBER to control your speed! Don't eat too fast because they won't let you alone while others are eating.

Note. Try to play around! Be the first to finish eating and eat everything that's on your plate (anything edible only, lol) and see what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment