PAGE

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lesson19: Restaurant

Service in small restaurant like those you can find on road side is different from big restaurant. Here I am going to take small restaurant as the situation. Once you step in, you may want to choose your seat and then ask for the menu (if it is not on the table)

menu = 菜單 (cai dan | ㄘㄞˋ ㄉㄢ)

When asking for the menu, you may want to start with excuse me.
excuse me = 不好意思 (bu hao yi si | ㄅㄨˋ ㄏㄠˇ 一ˋ ㄙ)

please give me the menu = 給我菜單一下 (gei wo caidan yixia | ㄍㄟˇ ㄨㄛˇ ㄘㄞˋ ㄉㄢ 一 ㄒㄧㄚˋ)

I want to see the menu = 我要看菜單 (wo yao kan caidan | ㄨㄛˇ 一ㄠˋ ㄎㄢˋ ㄘㄞˋ ㄉㄢ)


Here is a list of some meat
chicken = 雞肉 (ji rou | ㄐㄧ ㄖㄡˋ)
beef = 牛肉 (niu rou | ㄋㄧㄡˊ ㄖㄡˋ)
lamb = 羊肉 (yang rou | 一ㄤˊ ㄖㄡˋ)
pork = 豬肉 (zhu rou | ㄓㄨ ㄖㄡˋ)
fish = 魚肉 (yu rou | ㄩˊ ㄖㄡˋ)
*肉 (rou | ㄖㄡˋ) means meat. If you remove the word, you will get the Chinese word of the animal.

chicken = 雞 (ji | ㄐㄧ)
cow = 牛 (niu | ㄋㄧㄡˊ)
sheep = 羊 (yang | 一ㄤˊ)
pig = 豬 (zhu | ㄓㄨ)
fish = 魚 (yu | ㄩˊ)

please give me ___ = 請給我 ___ (qing gei wo ___ | ㄑㄧㄥˇ ㄍㄟˇ ㄨㄛˇ ___)
spoon = 湯匙 (tang chi | ㄊㄤ ㄔˊ)
fork = 叉子 (cha zi | ㄔㄚ ㄗˇ)
chopstick = 筷子 (kuai zi | ㄎㄨㄞˋ ㄗˇ)
cup = 杯子 (bei zi | ㄅㄟ ㄗˇ)
straw = 吸管 (xi guan | ㄒㄧ ㄍㄨㄢˇ)


Now for the check-out, you may want to tell the waiter that you want to pay the bill.
pay the bill = 結帳 (jie zhang | ㄐㄧㄝˊ ㄓㄤˋ) OR 買單 (mai dan | ㄇㄞˇ ㄉㄢ)

I want to pay the bill = 我要結帳 (wo yao jiezhang | ㄨㄛˇ 一ㄠˋ ㄐㄧㄝˊ ㄓㄤˋ)
OR 我要買單 (wo yao maidan | ㄨㄛˇ 一ㄠˋ ㄇㄞˇ ㄉㄢ)

I want to pay = 我要付錢 (wo yao fu qian | ㄨㄛˇ 一ㄠˋ ㄈㄨˋ ㄑㄧㄢˊ)

No comments:

Post a Comment